Wednesday, October 2, 2013

IWSG: O Happy Day!




Howdy, Insecure Writers! Thanks for showing me the way, Candi! And thanks to the amazing Alex J. Cavanaugh for hosting this awesome group, over three hundred strong! Visit as many as you can!

The awesome co-hosts for the October 2 posting of the IWSG will be Julie Luek, Rachna Chabria, Beverly Fox, and Ilima Todd!

So here is the post folks: I wanted to be published
In YA.
I decided to get an agent.
After 68  nos or not even bothering to replies,
I reached a new low in my writer's journey.
The whole agent thing was not working.

I joined:
the INSECURE WRITERS SUPPORT GROUP.
In June,
IWSG peeps gently suggested
I consider self-publishing
or small publishers.
I considered self-publishing first,
but it took a vanishing commodity
known as money,
For stuff like editing,
formatting and nifty covers.
I had money
for food, water and shelter,
But she had no money
for extras like self-publishing.
So small publishers!
It turns out that means epublishers.
So epublishers!
She researched various epublishers
that might be interested in her book,
a nifty book called PLUMB CRAZY.
She sent out to five epublishers.
And tada, in September:

Here is the Publisher's Marketplace blurb:

Molly Blaisdell's PLUMB CRAZY,
a 5-year high school reunion stirs
memories of the craziest summer ever
and a chance to try again with the one who got away,
 to Georgia McBride at Swoon Romance,
in a nice deal,
in a 2-book deal,
for publication in May 2014 (World).
Audio, Film/TV and Translation
via Schulman...

Oh, sage ones, offer advice
for the next steps!

Finally, I usually do all my upbeat
positive blogging
over at Seize the day.
This is my backyard,
you know, you can't see it
from the street,
and in keeping with
the spirit of the Yellow Submarine,
I write everything here in broken prose,
because, yes, that's how
many of us feel.

Thanks for dropping by!
In the words of the great poet,
Sir Paul McCartney,
"We all live in a yellow submarine."




14 comments:

  1. Woot! I'm the first to comment and CONGRATULATE you, Molly!!! I'm so over the top excited for you. Your hard, dedicated work to your craft is paying off. I can't wait to see you at the end of the month, so I can give you great big hugs!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for dropping by! I pretty happy camper myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Molly, that is wonderful news. I am very happy for you. You must be super excited :) Love the title of your book: Plumb Crazy.

    Rachna Chhabria
    Co-host IWSG
    Rachna's Scriptorium

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally excited! Thanks for stopping by and congratulating me!

      Delete
  4. CONGRATULATIONS!!! woot!

    Write on!
    Bev
    (October IWSG co-host)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay, Molly! That is awesome, congratulations ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what awesome news! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How is it up in the clouds? What a wonderful achievement. Congratulations. I love my small publishers. I work with three different ones.

    ReplyDelete