Wednesday, February 5, 2014

IWSG Day

Hi folks! I missed last month. Oops.  I am back!



Howdy, Insecure Writers! Thanks for showing me the way, Candi! And thanks to the amazing Alex J. Cavanaugh for hosting this awesome group, over three hundred strong! Visit as many as you can!Yes, it's time for another group posting of the Insecure Writer’s Support Group!

The awesome co-hosts for the February 5 posting of the IWSG will be Sheena-kay Graham, Julie Musil,Jamie Ayres, and Mike Swift!

Oh, I wanted to see my book, PLUMB CRAZY, published
and now, thanks to Swoon Romance,
that is going to happen.
Now everyone will know
what I am about.
Just keep breathing.
I hope they care.
I hunger for readers to care.
to enjoy the ride,
to be transported.
Please.

Marketing looms.
A big world.
I'm speaking at book festival on Feb 15, 2014, Montgomery County Book Festival.
I have my own fanpage on Facebook, MollyBlaisdellPage
You can add my book to your will-read-list on GoodReads:
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18716726-plumb-crazy.
You can follow me on Twitter at @MollyBlaisdell.
My cover reveal is coming. (I have an awesome cover.)
Whew, there is so much to do! 
Chill, I say to self, chill.

Meanwhile I'm sneaking every
second I can
to write the next book.
I feel something much worse
than insecurtiy -- terror,
but I don't give in to it.
Word by word,
I roll out the next journey.
It is a hard road
but I have traveled it before.
How lucky!

Please check out
my serious side
over at Seize the day.
This is my backyard,
you know, you can't see it
from the street,
and in keeping with
the spirit of the Yellow Submarine,
I write everything here in broken prose,
because, yes, that's how
many of us feel.

Thanks for dropping by!
In the words of the great poet,
Sir Paul McCartney,
"We all live in a yellow submarine."

16 comments:

  1. Hey Molly,

    Cool way to write a blog. I'm co-hosting this month and wanted to pay you a visit. Sounds as if you have many good things happening...keep pushing...keep writing. It will happen!

    M.L. Swift, Writer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi M.L. Swift. Thanks for dropping by. Glad you enjoyed the broken prose. I do hope that magic is happening.

      Delete
  2. You are awesome. Cool. Far out. Inspirational. And SOON TO PUBLISH PLUMB CRAZY!!! Yeah, I just screamed that. :)

    I wish I could be there with you on the 15th at the book festival. But we're going wedding dress shopping in Houston for my sister in law. I'll be with you in spirit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I am waiting for a day when you and I take the show on the road, sell tons of books and try not to get into too much trouble. :) Thanks for the support! This will be swag weekend.

      Delete
  3. Wow, that's wonderful - good luck with all of this - so nice to "meet" you thru ISWG.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Karen! I am happy to meet you at the IWSG.

      Delete
  4. Congrats on your new book! I love the title! Wishing you all the best!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love the the title too. Thanks for the happy wishes!

      Delete
  5. Is this your first book? CONGRATULATIONS! And it is VERY strange--the strangest is your real life friends and how they resort themselves. People who've always been friends but don't care about writing... not saying ANYTHING... and people you maybe were only barely friends with but who also appreciate art or books who become AMAZING supporters because at a much higher level they GET IT. Good luck with your release!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is my first novel, but not my first book. I've written many picture books and easy readers for very young children. Yes, I totally understand the strange factor. I found that I had to just stop saying anything about books around certain friends. But there are tons of folks who support my efforts and it is wonderful to have such AMAZING supporters.

      Delete
  6. You still have three months! Time enough to get everything done. Congratulations. Let us know when we can see the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay! Alex. Thanks for dropping by. I will let you know when the cover is available.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Writing in broken prose because that's how many of us feel. Yes. That. Lovely :)
    Sounds like you have some awesome stuff coming up! Congratulations!

    AJ @ Naturally Sweet
    An April A-Z Co-host

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ajay. On broken prose, "Souls stranded in skin and bones" says the great poet Paul Hewson. I'm really excited about my upcoming book.

      Delete
  9. How exciting! Congrats and best of luck, fantastic title ;)

    ReplyDelete