Wednesday, March 5, 2014

IWSG Day




 

Welcome to the safe haven for writers everywhere. The first Wednesday of every month is officially Insecure Writer’s Support Group day. Learn more and sign up here. The awesome co-hosts for the March 5 posting of the IWSG will be Tina Downey, Elsie, Elizabeth Seckman, and Julie Flanders!
Hi, folks!
 
I'm really busy
in a good way!
my NA/YA romance
will published
and by Swoon Romance
in June 2014.
 
Duality is my present state.

Part of me is nervous,
wondering exactly how to launch a novel.
Please any advice is welcome.
I'm scoping out blogs on marketing platforms
and then wondering how in the world
am I going to do all that.
I am making lists and still wondering
if I am using my time effciently,
if I am making the best choices,
if I am helping give my book
the best push.
If...

But remember this a state of duality.

Part of me is
thrilled and so happy.
 
Everything is awesome...
 
 
I am dancing inside!



I'm so happy!


Do you find yourself living duality?
Just wondering.
 
Thanks for dropping by!
In the words of the great poet,
Sir Paul McCartney,
"We all live in a yellow submarine."
 

21 comments:

  1. A yellow submarine, a yellow submarine. lol

    Congratulations! It's normal and probably sane to feel both nervous and excited about your next steps. Take them proudly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will! Thanks for the encouragement.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on the upcoming release! The best advice I can give you is to make sure you take time to just enjoy it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will work on that for sure. Thanks for dropping by.

      Delete
  3. You know I'm on the sidelines cheering you on!! I can't offer much advice, but I can offer you my assistance. If and when you do book signings around here (home that is), I can assist you. Unless your pub wants to pay for me to go to NY! Then I can assist you there, too. :D Kidding, but really, anything you need, just let me know!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to have a launch part in the summer. I will get back to you with details.

      Delete
  4. You chose one of my favorite songs - Happy. Funny because I posted it not to long ago too. It's such a fun song!

    Big congratulations on your (almost) release! Just remember to breath and have fun too!! I'm excited for you.

    Also, thanks for the shout out, muchly appreciated!
    Elsie
    AJ's wHooligan in the A-Z Challenge
    co-host IWSG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Happy! I sing to it all the time. Thanks for the congrats.

      Delete
  5. Congrats!! I can help you with whatever you need. (I did write a whole book on promotion after all.) Plus check out the IWSG site - the marketing page has a great list of resources.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by. I will give your book a look. :)

      Delete
  6. Congrats. It's so impossible to know what all to do. Making lists is good and don't over stress on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan: I will do that. Lists. Check. No stress. Check.

      Delete
  7. Congratulations!
    Start planning now. I still believe in the blog tour. And whatever you can't get done, don't stress.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Alex. Okay, I will work on the blog tour angle. I will also work on low stress.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! Good luck with the launch and the marketing.

    And now I have all four of those songs stuck in my head simultaneously.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jennifer. Ah, now you are awesome, dancing, happy and living in a yellow submarine!

      Delete
  10. CONGRATULATIONS! I haven't published my first book yet, but I'd say if you're in this group, you're in the right place. Resources and friends and like-minded folks all around. Best of luck!
    Tina @ Life is Good
    A to Z Team @ Blogging From A to Z April Challenge 2014
    Co-hosting the IWSG

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't published a book yet. One day I will, but I definitely agree on the resources that the blogging community has to offer. Congrats on your work in progress! Love the videos you have here.

    http://iknewiwould.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gossip Girl, I am looking into resources and moving forward. Thanks for dropping by.

      Delete
    2. Congrats on your forthcoming book! New adult is such an exciting market and it's cool that your MC writes fan fiction! That's a new twist! Cheers!

      Delete